Storage Space on the Cluster
Storage on the Cluster
Once you have your account set up on the ORC clusters, you will have access to the following storage options.
- Read/write on the login nodes
- On ARGO, /home is mounted read-only on the compute nodes - jobs cannot write to your home directory.
- On HOPPER, /home is mounted read-write on all nodes - jobs can write to your home directory.
- Limited to 60 GB per user. You will get an email warning to clear space once you approach this limit.
- Backed up.
- Read/write on every node - jobs can write output here
- Scratch directories have no space limit
- Temporary: Data in
/scratchgets purged 90 days from the date of creation, so make sure to move your files to a safe place before the cycle ends.
/scratchis not backed up.
/projectsspace, the PI should send an email to email@example.com asking that hte new members be added to the direvtory.
/projects space is
- On ARGO, read-only on the compute nodes.
- On HOPPER, read-write on all the nodes.
- Not backed up.
All these are free storage resources on the ORC clusters. If you need more storage space on the cluster, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss available paid storage options.
When the storage space is exceeded, please refer to the Arbiter penalities policies